The Stegall Seminary Scholarship Foundation is a 501(C)(3) non-profit foundation, and all gifts are tax deductible.
All donations may be made in honor of or in memory of someone and an acknowledgement card will be sent. Online donations using PayPal, credit, or debit cards may be made by using the “Donate” button above. If your online donation is being made in honor of or in memory of someone, please let us know in the “special note to recipient” field on the payment screen. Thank you.
Please click here for a donation pledge form you can sign and mail to us.
Contact us at email@example.com
Gifts for our Seminary students should be mailed to Dr. Karl K. Stegall, Seminary Scholarship Foundation, P. O. Box 241661, Montgomery, Alabama 36124-1661.
Donors have chosen many different ways to support our foundation.
- Checks or Cash: The vast majority of our donors are individuals or families that make gifts by means of checks. An increasing number are using bank drafts designating that a specific sum be sent to our foundation each month. We are also blessed to receive checks from churches, Sunday School classes, United Methodist Women, and United Methodist Men. Online donations are accepted via our website.
- Gifts of Securities: An increasing number of our donors are giving securities. Making gifts of appreciated stock can be more advantageous than giving cash. If an appreciated stock has been held more than one year, an individual donor can deduct the full market value in taxes, regardless of what that donor paid for the security.
- Gift Annuity: Donors who have selected a gift annuity have learned that it is a simple and easy way to make a gift to our scholarship foundation, receive a tax benefit, and provide a lifetime income for the donor.
- Real Estate: Donors have given us parcels of real estate that can be sold and monies deposited within our scholarship foundation.
- Insurance: Donors have given life insurance policies to us, simply naming our foundation as the beneficiary.
- Codicil to Will: A codicil is a legal document that makes minor changes to a last will, but leaves all of the other provisions untouched. Some of our donors use the provision of a codicil to include our scholarship foundation in their financial planning.
- Will: Some of our donors preparing their first wills, or who are making major changes in their wills, have chosen to include our scholarship foundation.
- Automobiles: Several of our seminary students have benefited from the gift of used automobiles.
There is no substitute for the advice of your financial advisor or CPA in making a gift to our foundation!